Saturday, March 5, 2011

And The Tapering Begins Now...

Hilary, Jennifer, and I after our 20 Mile run.
This morning we finished our last 20 Mile run before we leave for LA in two weeks.  I can not believe its just right here around the corner, and I can also not believe how prepared I feel for it.  Mentally and physically, I am so ready for Sunday morning March 20.  I am ready to be in LA and run that amazing course.

The next two weeks we taper off our strength-training and decrease our run amounts.  The most we run before LA is 8 Miles next Saturday.  Then its all yoga and short runs until the race.  I think my body will thank me for this.

I have met my fund raising goal with the help of all of my family and friends.  I could not have done it without the support of all of them. I have had great friends that are always telling me how proud they are and my family (especially my parents) listen to endless stories about running.  I couldn't have done any of this without the support of them.  I have also met an amazing group of individuals that I have had so much fun running with; every run is a series of laughs, tough pains and of conversations that are inappropriately appropriate.

Everything that has happened since October is better than I could have imagined it to be.  Walking into this Team in Training meeting with Hilary, I had doubts about my ability to even run a half marathon.  After seeing the amount of money I would have to raise to be able to do this, I didn't think I could do that either.  These are the obstacles I have faced and this week I have passed my fund raising goal by about hundred dollars and today I ran 20 Miles for the SECOND time.  And in two weeks, I will be running my FIRST marathon.  Amazing the things that you can do when you set your mind to it and you have amazing support.

No comments:

Post a Comment