Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Shoe Predicament

I am uncertain about what to do with my running shoes that have no in-soles (which are replaceable) and smell like sour mildew (it was really one of the most unappealing smells when I went to stretch after my run today--they've been resting on the back deck since I arrived back to KC).

I have a very addictive personality and it is hard for my to even fathom getting rid of these shoes.  Just to make them even meaningful to me, I had to count the amount of miles these shoes have taken me.  They have been with me for 290.2 miles since December 5 (I have run 349.2 miles since I started training October 21).

What is the mile life of running shoes anyways?

I've heard from different sources that its between 300-400, so I really do have about 100 more miles on them (I feel as if I am talking about my car here. Time for a new oil change?)  This is a very factual guess (I have been told recently that if I don't know the answer to something I don't need to make something up and I can just admit it...Me?)

So, now these stinky shoes are sitting in my room staring at me and saying, "are you really going to replace me? I got you through a monsoon during your first marathon!"

I don't have time to talk back today.  So Garry Gribbles must wait until I am fully capable of this major change.


FYI: Those wonderful shoes in the banner of my blog are these shoes we are talking about.  Do I need to replace the photo if I have retired the shoes? Or can that be their statement of my running history: My First Pair of Marathon Running Shoes.  See the decision just gets more and more complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment