Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Night Before...

It's offical...Bib # 12419...Why I picked "MorganJohns" to be my bib name I don't know. I think I was thinking Morgan was going to be taken (like screen names) so I guess if anyone wants to cheer me on I will be "MorganJohns." Luckily, the shorter but clearly brighter Morgan on my team knew it was ok to just put "Morgan" on hers so maybe we will get double cheers.

We went to the Expo today and found the long awaited Bondi Band head-bands (well the fake ones) for the race.  I tried athletic drinks, bars, and chews and managed to buy nothing but 6 headbands and some stickers.  It was a success.

Tonight we had our inspiration dinner, where they honored Team in Training and it's participants who was the largest fundraiser for this marathon raising $610,000.  Amazing what 210 participants can do to fight blood cancers.  It was a nice way to begin the race I have so long awaited.

It's 8:30pm and everything is set.  My pile of stuff is sitting out and my lucky underwear is ready to roll.

Just waiting for the 3:30am alarm.  I have never been readier.

No comments:

Post a Comment