Sunday, March 13, 2011

One Week From Today!

One week from today we are running a marathon.  Regardless, if I believe it or not. It is happening!

I feel excited and I feel ready. Give me week and maybe this won't be the same, but I really feel comfortable with our training and how my body feels during long runs (pain but not pain that will stop me).  The only thing I am worried about is the...

Rain!

Yes, the beautiful city LA is suppose to get rain on Saturday and Sunday.  We have really only ran in rain once and that was only a short shower on a longer run.  I certainly am not going to let it affect me, but it does make my preparations different for the race (I actually don't know exactly how yet, though!)

Yesterday was our last team run before we venture to LA on Friday. What perfect timing for the Team In Training Silent Mile where we remember those affected by Leukemia and Lymphoma.  The honor patients said a few words.  It was great to see Emily again right before the race to remind us of the reason we are running.  Pictured above is a picture of a majority of the LA team in front of Emily's honor sign on our "silent mile."

It was one of those bitter sweet moments; the last run with all these friends who I have come so close to, but also together we finished one of the final steps before we meet our ultimate goal.  Our fundraising goals are met and we are off to LA. 

I couldn't be more excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment