Sunday, January 30, 2011

Only Ten Miles and A Thousand Dollars

Thankfully, this weekend was only ten miles.  Honestly, ten miles now seems simple compared the longer mileage that we are doing.  The marathon is seven weeks away from today, and after my 16 miles run last weekend I am truly feeling confident that I will pass through the finish line on March 20.  Unfortunately, not first to win the car (I had to give up on that goal early on in training realizing that speed just wasn't going to happen for me).

For about a month now, Hilary and I have been planning a fundraiser for my mom's store that was last night.  It was The Best of 2010 Gallery Open House where the customers, students, teachers and staff of my mom's quilt store, Harper's Fabrics & Quilt Co. had the opportunity to display their work in a gallery type of open house which cost $10 for the evening.  I fostered up lots of silent auction items, raffle items and food from the Downtown Overland Park area (where the store is located).  I am so thankful for how giving everyone in this neighborhood was.

The fundraiser was a huge success! I didn't anticipate all the people that came and am so thankful for everyone who came to spend the evening with us and those who donated items and their time in helping.  Together Hilary and I raised around $1,200 that evening. I am so happy with the turnout and support! And, of course, am very thankful for my mom's support and letting me use our small business as a venue!

1 comment:

  1. That's so inspiring girls!! I wish I could have been there. Cant wait for LA and to prove we've got what it takes!

    ReplyDelete