Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year Indeed

Yes, its New Years Day and I can't believe I have been up since 5:45am to run 8 miles and raise $75 dollars! If this isn't a good start to a New Year than I don't know what is!

A training this morning one of our coaches asked "Who had a different kind of New Years Eve than ever before last night?"

I proudly raised my hand as I thought about how I went to bed at 10:30 last night after watching New In Town on Netflix all by myself.  I can not remember the last New Years Eve that I wasn't even awake to ring in the new year, but I am more ready than ever for 2011!

And with a New Year comes a new resolution...
Unfortunately, this picture doesn't do justice for the horribly cold 15 degree weather this morning, but here I am getting ready to "boot block" today to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  Now how does this relate to my New Year's Resolution?

Well, I am working on doing things out side of my comfort zone (notice I am running a marathon in March...not exactly something I am yet comfortable with), and standing on the corner of a busy intersection in 15-20 degree weather to raise money isn't exactly in my comfort zone. Today I have made steps to my new leaf.  And guess what??? It was a blast! Even if people just gave some change every little bit helps! Our group that went out raised $275 within 2 hours!

As a team member of mine said to a car who mentioned how cold it was: "This is a small pain compared to the one those individuals with blood cancers go through."

Help Us Fight Blood Cancers!

No comments:

Post a Comment