Monday, January 17, 2011

My Dilemma

So for the last week my knee has been bothering me every time I have run, so I have been doing my miles in different ways to let it heal before our 16 mile run this weekend.  As seen below this is me ice swimming this weekend for my 8 miles...
Just kidding...I was, though, impressed with how long I was able to swim (in the pool, of course).  I was suppose to  do an hour and half (the amount of time it would take me to run 8 miles) but thought that was going to be nearly impossible, and was actually shooting for an hour.  Well I swam for about an hour and 20 minutes.  Unfortunately, I wasn't blessed with the swimming genes of many of my cousins but I was still impressed considering I haven't swam for 10 years or more!

So tomorrow's my 25th birthday, and all I seriously want for my birthday is to run my 4 miles and know that my week break of running (but not training) has paid off and my knee gives me no pain. 

1 comment:

  1. Just passing by while searching for ice swimmers, nice pic of you diving in freezing cold water if you actually managed to swim in that water for 1 hour 20 then that's an amazing feat so be proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete