Sunday, February 6, 2011

Running All Day

I really felt like yesterday my entire day consisted of running.  And to be frankly honest, it did.  I woke up and ran 4.5 miles with the team and then had to leave for class. I felt guilty, but extremely lucky at the same time.  Since the snow has been so bad, we have been in limbo all week of where we would run come Saturday.  Lucky us, it was Shawnee Mission Park and it's massive hills.  I felt lucky when I was done with my small one loop, but guilty that everyone else was enduring much harder of a workout than I was.  I give them much more props for finishing their 18 miles in Shawnee Mission Park.

After class, I headed to gym to hang out with this thing.  Nothing like my friends with Team in Training.  It doesn't talk back, and worst of all it has a 30 minute time limit! I can not complain, because my 13.5 miles might have seemed to be endless, but I am much more proud of everyone else for accomplishing the dreaded course of Shawnee Mission Park.  One of these days, I am sure I will come to terms with this course.

I had established a little plan of how I was going to get 13.5 miles in at the gym where the time limits on the incredibly busy treadmills are somewhat of a burden.  Here's how my workout played out:
3 Miles (Running and yes, I did go over my limit considering that I don't run a 10 minute mile)
1 Mile (Bike=12 Minute Mile)
3 Miles (Running, over my 30 minute limit again)
1 Mile (Bike=12 Minute Mile)
3 Miles (Running, over my 30 minute limit again)
1 Mile (Bike=12 Minute Mile)
1.5 Miles (Running, finally under my time limit)
It wasn't exactly how I would have wished my 18 mile run went, but I had been dreading this day since I signed up for the marathon knowing that I would have to perform magic to get this run in without the support of my team.  I could have done it outside, but since I only have one outside running outfit that couldn't get washed in time, it just wasn't happening.  Yes, yes, maybe I am too much of an over-planner and could have just winged it without obsessively planning all week, but I guess that's just me.

So my day full of running, ended around 5:00pm.  If I wasn't running on the treadmill or at Shawnee Mission Park, I was frantically racing to be to class on time, which I was not.

I am really looking forward to my 20 Mile run in two weeks (yes, I did just say that), so that I can get back on schedule without this cockeyed treadmill predicament.  We have 6 weeks left of training. Three 8 mile runs, two 20 mile runs, and then the finale of 26.2 Miles!!! 

And thank you to Tyler, for helping me format my blog, so that it doesn't look like I am a novice blogger, as well as a novice runner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment