Wednesday, February 16, 2011

LA-Like? Maybe?

Today, is one of those days that is a pure tease.  It's February and I am running in a tank top in 60 degree weather thinking about how wonderful the months to come are.  It just never works that way.  Those fluke nice days in February just give me a taste, more like only a droplet of Spring, and then terrible weather creeps from behind the corner to get us a few more times.  But who am I to be negative about such a wonderful running day in February!

So as I am running, I am thinking about LA and how it will be similar to this. Unfortunately, the only thing similar was the weather and the disgusting port-a-potty I had to stop in (well, from what I have heard).  I came up with way more differences:

- Instead of dodging puddles of melted snow, other racers will be dodging to get around me during the race.

- Crowds of people will be cheering me on from the sidelines; not brown snow littered with trash that only crunches when I accidentally step on it.

- Bikers won't be zooming by leaving their trail splashing on my face

- And, I'll be running 26.2. miles, instead of 4 Miles (which turned into slightly more)

As I finish this post, I almost want to delete it, because it sounds as if I had a horrible run today when in actuality, I had the best run I have had in weeks.  Or maybe, it's because I just know that LA will be so much better than the Leawood trails that I am accustomed to.

We have our first 20 Mile run this weekend! And another Sewing Saturday Fundraiser (why I scheduled it after my 20 Mile run is unknown to me)! Look for an update!

No comments:

Post a Comment