Thursday, October 28, 2010

Hydration or Dehydration

So today's run ended with the conclusion that the ease of the run has to do with hydration, well at least for the two mile runs we've been doing. 

Doesn't seem like a genius statement, I know. But Tuesday's run was harder for me because I was not as hydrated as I should have been; the few beers the night before soaked up some moisture (or maybe I can claim its still the cold weather).  Hilary's run today with her coffee guzzling habits was harder for her.  Both were consequences of our own dehydration.

I didn't know this was a profound statement until I spoke with my dad today.  I thought everyone knew.

He made me feel as if I was a genius, well somewhat.  He was skeptical of this and had really never thought that water effected your workout.  Yes, this is the man who works out religiously almost every day. 

Maybe I am not all that smart. Maybe I am wrong. When the robotic engineer heads to the gym tonight to test my hypothesis, we will see.  I am sure he is bound to prove me wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment