Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Turkey Trot

Turkey and running! What couldn't make a better Thanksgiving? Well, maybe a few things, but I'll stick with the optimism on this holiday.
Hilary, Andrea, Holly, my dad and I all ran the 5K Turkey Run in Overland Park this morning.  Not too bad besides the 6,000 other people running and the 20 degree weather, but seriously it was good practice for our marathon.  Weaving in and out of people (now, no worries people were for sure weaving in and out of us), but it seemed somewhat counter productive that the line for leaving went from a 9 minute mile to the walking line.  I guess we should have gone closer to the 9 minute mile.  All and all, the traffic wasn't too bad after the first mile or so.

I guess our 3 mile training day was a success with the 5K! 

No comments:

Post a Comment